Thursday, June 2, 2011

Teddy bear hamster cage and wheel problem?

So, i got a really good metal wheel for my hamster, but it was slightly too big to fit in the cage. I can't refund since it was a present, but i don't want to buy another wheel since the metal one is really good. So is there someway that i can make it smaller by maybe changing it's frame, or can you tell me a way to make a homemade wheel? I need to make the wheel smaller somehow.

This is something like what the wheel looks like:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41



The wheel works really well and my hamster likes it a lot, but it just won't fit! I can still close the cage though with the wheel in it, but my hamster can't move it.



This is how my cage looks like, but without the tubes, and all the things inside. My cage is also shorter. The width is probably the same.

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/bilder/1/43053_



Please help! I'm going to be moving soon, and the subsitute cage i use for my hamster (which is a recycling bin) is too troublesome to move.Teddy bear hamster cage and wheel problem?
Well, you can't really make a homemade wheel or change the framing of the wheel, but you can buy a new one. I know you said you don't want to buy a new one, but it is only $3 for a metal wheel...



Hope this helps!Teddy bear hamster cage and wheel problem?
getting a metal wheel is bad because your hamsters feet can get hurt and may have to be amputtated you can get the silent spinner but is costs 15 dollars you may use that as an option