Thursday, June 2, 2011

Changing rear hub bearing/problem with ABS? 2?

I don't know how this thing works (Yahoo Answers..), I want to reply, but how !?



Thanks Phillip for the quick respond.



You think the mechanic did it by visual inspection and turning the wheel or rotor to find out that the problem was with bearing? (it took 陆 hour, they called me that, they found the problem).



So, those screw, I don檛 know is just one or two screws holding the ABS, if it is taken out by drilling, then ABS sensor is free to come out? I am trying to find out the Honda technician is looking at easy out, by replacing them, and charging me C$500 for both ABSs rear wheel, adding $400 for bearings, labour incl. plus taxes.

Do you think, I can trust them, or any other mechanic can do it?



Thanks,

PDChanging rear hub bearing/problem with ABS? 2?
From what I can make out of your problem......1: the mechanic says the rear wheel bearings are bad . (is it just one bearing or both sides?)

2: he wants to change out the ABS sensors to;......( why does he want to change the ABS sensors?)

3: there is no reason to change the ABS sensors just because you are changing wheel bearings ; and if only one bearing is bad why does he want to change out both sides?

I think you should get another shop to check it out and then make a decision at that time .

I don't trust the first guy !Changing rear hub bearing/problem with ABS? 2?
most mechanics can do it, u should ask around to ur friends and family for a good shop. and the prices will definetley be cheaper.