Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How to check wheel bearings on 88 RX7 conv.?

Want to change the wheel bearing on a 88 RX7 conv .Can anyone give me details on how to do it I took the wheel off and remember they have independent suspension the haynes manual I have don't show a detailed breakdown I can't even see any bearings .They are making a grinding noise.How to check wheel bearings on 88 RX7 conv.?
First thing, sign up on www.rx7club.com and download the 86-88 Factory Service Manual in the Second Generation section (it's free!). The whole process is outlined in proper detail, with tolerances and proper tightening torque. If you have any questions, hit search, type in %26quot;wheel bearings%26quot; on the RX7 club and you'll find an answer.



Last, toss the Haynes manual into a nearby fireplace. If you get stuck on it, let me know!